Thursday, June 2, 2011

Scary Moment

Yesterday Travis disappeared for a few minutes while I was holding Jessica and preparing a bottle in the kitchen. After enough time had passed, I went to check on him and could not find him anywhere in the house. I put a crying Jessica down in her room while I frantically went through the house saying Travis's name. It was probably only like 2 minutes, but seemed like 1/2 hour. My mind was racing..where could he be? what would I do if I couldn't find him? would I call a neighbor to help look? Just before full on panic stage, I lifted the covers of our bed to find a peaceful wide-eyed Travis staring up at me. He was covered in oregano, as was our bed. He had swiped the oregano spice jar from the kitchen when I wasn't looking. I'm not sure if he wasn't responding to his name because he knew he did something wrong or because he was so completely under the covers that he was confused. Either way, I was overly joyed to find him!We of course discussed how he shouldn't hide from mommy and completely ignored the oregano issue. Then Travis had the best time "helping" me change the sheets. In fact, with his help, it took about 20 minutes to change the sheets.
We went to a sign language class this week and learned some new signs for nursery rhymes. The best part was after the class when we listened to the nursery rhyme cd we got from class. Travis was is the back seat movin' and grovin'. Before heading home, we stopped at a candy supply store and bought some fun shaped cookie cutters. Again, what could have been like a 5 minute stop turned into a 30 minute one. We took our time walking around the store looking at everything. Travis carried around 4 rolling pins pretty much the whole time and had his eye on decorating markers that you could write on cakes with. I had to give the rolling pins to the sales person as we checked out and had to explain to her that it just was easier to give them to her since he did not want me to put them back! He wanted to take all of them home with us. Our morning was topped off with an ice cream cone on the way home. (Don't tell Dad! :) )

1 comment:

  1. I had to laugh about the Oregano, can't even imagine what he looked like. I still remember when we were kids and playing hide and seek, we couldn't find Kerry anywhere,mom and dad looked everywhere. Finally realized he had crawled under their bed and fell asleep. Gave them a good scare.

    ReplyDelete